Monday, February 16, 2015

Yeshua, Yehoshua - Lent begins in just a few days ... remembering

May peace be with you

Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, February 18, 2015.

What does that mean to me? I desire to prepare my heart for this Easter celebration. Wanting to embrace it in a way that I have never embraced it before. I seek this year to commit every morning of the 40 days in remembrances of His acts of love. I don't know what those remembrances will be, but I want to spend time remembering. Here are a few ideas that are roaming in my head right now:

  1. acts of love that are shown in His word
  2. acts of love that I have read about
  3. acts of love someone I know has experienced
  4. acts of love my family members have experienced
  5. acts of love I have experienced

This morning I quickly listed as many things as I could remember of things that prepare me for the Crucifixion from the Old Testament - not any verses, just things I remember - here are a few I listed:  (recognize that my memory is not what it used to be)

1.Adam and Eve being kicked out of Eden because of buying into the serpent's lie - And Christ will stomp on the serpent's head
2. Noah and the flood - the ark - the rainbow
3. Abraham and Isaac - the sacrifice
4. Moses - Exodus - the passover - the doorposts being covered with blood - Life instead of Death
5. Leviticus - the scapegoat - the sacrificial lamb - the law - all completed and fulfilled through Christ and the cross

 These are just a few I remembered.

What do you remember?

And remembering is what it is all about.

May this Lent season bring you closer to the One who IS. The great God, 3 in 1, the Trinity.

And may we thank:
Yehoshua
Yehoshua Son of God
Yehoshua Son of Man
Yehoshua Servant of All
Yehoshua Savior of the World
(Yeho
shua: original name of Jesus --  Yeshua, Yehoshua and Yeshu in the Talmud

For His sacrifice upon the cross, I am eternally grateful.

Because He IS the I AM, i am
your mutating missionary of peace
&HoneyB + Ebenezer + Ginger + Bourbon

Go in Peace


No comments: