Thursday, February 5, 2015

May Peace be with You

My Great Grandfather and Grandmother
What a Heritage They Left Behind



Quotes from one of my favorite authors.


Leo Tolstoy.

I've decided to share seven of them here with you. They have roamed around in my head for a couple of days. These quotes are interesting and thought provoking. I invite you to join me in thinking about them for more than a passing over. Take one and think about it for a day.

1 "There is no greatness where there is not simplicity, goodness, and
truth."    Leo Tolstoy


2 "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." Leo Tolstoy

3 "It is amazing how complete the delusion that beauty is goodness." Leo Tolstoy

4 "True life is lived when tiny changes occur." Leo Tolstoy

5 "Without knowing what I am and why I am here, life is impossible." Leo Tolstoy

6 "Boredom: the desire for desires." Leo Tolstoy

7 "Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold." Leo Tolstoy

May you find Peace this day

your mutating missionary in peace
&HoneyB + Ebenezer + Ginger + Bourbon


1 comment:

The Way said...

Great use of Tolstoy to express an important gift from God. I've got a blogpost that references peace up right not. Would love to get your thoughts on it:

www.theway-book.com/compass

Also, I love Tolstoy!